More
    HomeNewsRonaldo: Man United to respond after investigation

    Ronaldo: Man United to respond after investigation

    Published on

    By Hosea parah, Abuja

    Manchester United have issued a statement following their forward Cristiano Ronaldo’s explosive interview on Sunday.

    Ronaldo hit out at Manchester United and their manager Erik ten Hag.

    The Portugal captain said Man United had betrayed him and that he did not respect Ten Hag.

    “I don’t have respect for him because he doesn’t show respect for me,” Ronaldo said of Ten Hag in an interview with the Piers Morgan Uncensored TV show.

    “Not only the coach but another two or three guys around the club. I felt betrayed,” he said.

    According to AFP, when quizzed again if senior club executives were trying to oust him, Ronaldo replied, “Yes, I felt betrayed and I felt like some people don’t want me here, not only this year but last year too.”

    “Since Sir Alex left, I saw no evolution in the club. Nothing had changed,” said Ronaldo on what he found on his return to United.

    “I want the best for the club. This is why I come to Man United.

    “But you have some things inside that don’t help (us) reach the top level as (Manchester) City, Liverpool and even now Arsenal…a club with this dimension should be top of the tree in my opinion and they are not unfortunately.”

    However, reacting to the development, Man United, in a statement via its website on Monday, said, “Manchester United notes the media coverage regarding an interview by Cristiano Ronaldo.

    “The club will consider its response after the full facts have been established.

    “Our focus remains on preparing for the second half of the season and continuing the momentum, belief and togetherness being built among the players, manager, staff, and fans.”

    Latest articles

    Alia debunks claims of developmental marginalisation

    FROM HENRY IYORKASE, MAKURDI   Governor of Benue State, Fr Hyacinth Alia, has debunked claims of...

    I’m open to discussions, not leaving NNPP, Kwankwaso declares

    As politicians strategise for the 2027 general elections, the 2023 presidential candidate of the...

    Tinubu returns, vows to restore Nigeria’s pride

    President Bola Tinubu has reiterated his commitment to restoring Nigeria’s pride and dignity on...

    NIS hikes passport fees by 100% from September

    The Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) has announced a sharp increase in the cost of...

    More like this

    Alia debunks claims of developmental marginalisation

    FROM HENRY IYORKASE, MAKURDI   Governor of Benue State, Fr Hyacinth Alia, has debunked claims of...

    I’m open to discussions, not leaving NNPP, Kwankwaso declares

    As politicians strategise for the 2027 general elections, the 2023 presidential candidate of the...

    Tinubu returns, vows to restore Nigeria’s pride

    President Bola Tinubu has reiterated his commitment to restoring Nigeria’s pride and dignity on...