More
    HomeNewsPort Harcourt DisCo Refutes Claims of N4.3 Billion Misappropriation

    Port Harcourt DisCo Refutes Claims of N4.3 Billion Misappropriation

    Published on

    By Milcah Tanimu

    The Port Harcourt Electricity Distribution Company (PHEDC) has strongly denied recent allegations of N4.3 billion embezzlement involving its CEO and top executives. The accusations, labeled as baseless and misleading, were reportedly made by unnamed sources and have been circulating online.

    In a statement released on Tuesday, PHED’s Head of Corporate Communications, Olubukola Ilevbare, dismissed the claims as fabrications intended to tarnish the company’s reputation. According to Ilevbare, the allegations, which include specific amounts purportedly received by the Managing Director, Ochuko Amah, and other senior officials, are without merit and should be ignored by the public.

    Ilevbare emphasized that the reports originated from a dubious source and were part of a failed attempt to mislead the public and blackmail the company. She assured that PHEDC remains committed to its goals under Amah’s leadership, highlighting significant achievements since she took office, including improved revenue and reduced technical losses.

    The company also addressed recent staff welfare concerns, stating that these issues had been resolved through discussions with relevant labor unions, ensuring continued focus on enhancing customer service and operational efficiency.

    PHEDC urged the public to disregard the unfounded allegations and reiterated its dedication to upholding transparency and integrity in its operations

    Latest articles

    Tinubu sweep Bayelsa APC Presidential primary with landslide victory, with 277,192 votes

      The All Progressives Congress (APC) Presidential Primary held across Bayelsa on Saturday ended with...

    Tinubu’s reelection not negotiable, says Eradiri, leads door-to-door campaign to presidential primary election 

      A former governorship candidate in Bayelsa, Udengs Eradiri, has led the Door-to-Door Campaign for...

    Nasarawa Bye- Election: I’m in Senate Race to Lift Nasarawa North Out of Poverty- Ayas

    From Abel Zwanke, Lafia Angela Ayas Bako, an All Progressives Congress (APC) aspirant for...

    Gunmen abduct health worker, wife in Kogi night attack

      Olu Samuel   Armed bandits have a abducted an unspecified number of persons including a health...

    More like this

    Tinubu sweep Bayelsa APC Presidential primary with landslide victory, with 277,192 votes

      The All Progressives Congress (APC) Presidential Primary held across Bayelsa on Saturday ended with...

    Tinubu’s reelection not negotiable, says Eradiri, leads door-to-door campaign to presidential primary election 

      A former governorship candidate in Bayelsa, Udengs Eradiri, has led the Door-to-Door Campaign for...

    Nasarawa Bye- Election: I’m in Senate Race to Lift Nasarawa North Out of Poverty- Ayas

    From Abel Zwanke, Lafia Angela Ayas Bako, an All Progressives Congress (APC) aspirant for...