More
    HomeNewsUAE Lifts Visa Ban on Nigerian Travelers

    UAE Lifts Visa Ban on Nigerian Travelers

    Published on

    By Milcah Tanimu

    The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has officially lifted the visa ban on Nigerians, allowing them to travel to the UAE once again. This announcement was made by the Minister of Information and National Orientation, Mohammed Idris, during a briefing with State House Correspondents following the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting on Monday.

    Idris stated, “You are aware that Nigeria has been discussing with the United Arab Emirates on the issue of visas for Nigerian passport holders going to the United Arab Emirates. Today, an agreement has been reached on that, and effective from today, July 15, Nigerian passport holders are able to obtain a visa to go to the United Arab Emirates.”

    The UAE had initially imposed a travel ban on passengers from Nigeria and the Democratic Republic of Congo on December 13, 2021, due to a surge in COVID-19 cases. However, following diplomatic discussions and compliance with required protocols, the ban has now been lifted.

    In June, the Minister of Aviation and Aerospace Development, Festus Keyamo, had hinted at the impending lifting of the visa restriction, stating that all necessary protocols had been observed to facilitate the removal of the ban.

    “We have done everything. We have resolved everything. Just wait for the announcement from the UAE government, and that announcement is imminent. They would announce… I want to give it to them to announce the date,” Keyamo had said.

    Effective immediately, Nigerian passport holders can once again apply for visas to travel to the UAE.

    Latest articles

    “NIGERIA BETTER WITHOUT OIL”,  DECLARES ENVIRONMENTAL ACTIVIST.

    FROM CLARICE AZUATALAM, PORT HARCOURT After taking a hard and wide look at the social...

    Olukoyede Tasks Youths on Integrity, Ethical Behaviour at Dreamrise Festival

    The Executive Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Ola Olukoyede has...

    ROYAL FATHER LAMENTS ENVIRONMENTAL DEGRADATION OF OIL PRODUCING COMMUNITIES

      FROM CLARICE AZUATALAM,  PORT HARCOURT. A Royal Father in Rivers State,  King Felix Otuwarikpo, has...

    Association Secures N1.6bn Support for Onion Farmers in Four North-West States

    The National Onion Producers, Processors and Marketers Association of Nigeria (NOPPMAN) said it has...

    More like this

    “NIGERIA BETTER WITHOUT OIL”,  DECLARES ENVIRONMENTAL ACTIVIST.

    FROM CLARICE AZUATALAM, PORT HARCOURT After taking a hard and wide look at the social...

    Olukoyede Tasks Youths on Integrity, Ethical Behaviour at Dreamrise Festival

    The Executive Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Ola Olukoyede has...

    ROYAL FATHER LAMENTS ENVIRONMENTAL DEGRADATION OF OIL PRODUCING COMMUNITIES

      FROM CLARICE AZUATALAM,  PORT HARCOURT. A Royal Father in Rivers State,  King Felix Otuwarikpo, has...