More
    HomeNewsMatawalle condemns Kebbi attack, orders urgent rescue of 25 abducted schoolgirls  

    Matawalle condemns Kebbi attack, orders urgent rescue of 25 abducted schoolgirls  

    Published on

     

    BY TONY UDOKA 

    The Minister of State for Defence, Dr. Bello Mohammed Matawalle, has denounced the deadly attack on Government Girls Comprehensive Senior Secondary School (GGCSS), Maga, in Kebbi State, calling it “unacceptable” and directing security agencies to launch an immediate rescue operation.

    Bandits stormed the school in the Zuru Emirate of Danko/Wasagu Local Government Area late Sunday night, killing the Vice Principal, Malam Hassan Yakubu Makuku, and abducting 25 students.

    In a strongly worded statement on Monday, Matawalle said the government would not tolerate “this assault on innocent children,” stressing that President Bola Ahmed Tinubu had already ordered heightened security action to track the assailants and free the students.

    “The government, led by President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, GCFR, has directed that the state’s security apparatus swing into immediate action to ensure the abducted students are released unharmed,” he said. He urged all security formations to work in concert and “bring the perpetrators to justice without delay.”

    The Minister also called for restraint in the affected community, assuring residents that authorities were fully engaged with the situation. “Residents should remain calm and go about their business while government and security agencies address the situation,” he said.

    Matawalle extended condolences to the family of the slain Vice Principal and others touched by the tragedy. “I pray to Allah to grant him mercy, a peaceful resting place, and to console his family and loved ones over this painful and unjust loss,” he added.

    The Ministry of Defence said further updates will be provided as security operations progress.

    Latest articles

    Osimhen reveals conversation with Conte before leaving Napoli for Galatasaray

    Galatasaray striker, Victor Osimhen, has confirmed that he rejected the chance to stay at...

    Osimhen reveals top club he wanted to join before signing for Galatasaray

    Galatasaray attacker, Victor Osimhen, has disclosed that he initially hoped to sign with Juventus...

    Lawyer fires back at Davido over social media harassment after custody case

    Fresh controversy has emerged in the ongoing custody dispute involving Afrobeats star, Davido and...

    Cardi B confirms split from boyfriend, Diggs 3 months after birthing their child

    American rapper, Cardi B, has confirmed separation from her new lover and Footballer, Stefon...

    More like this

    Osimhen reveals conversation with Conte before leaving Napoli for Galatasaray

    Galatasaray striker, Victor Osimhen, has confirmed that he rejected the chance to stay at...

    Osimhen reveals top club he wanted to join before signing for Galatasaray

    Galatasaray attacker, Victor Osimhen, has disclosed that he initially hoped to sign with Juventus...

    Lawyer fires back at Davido over social media harassment after custody case

    Fresh controversy has emerged in the ongoing custody dispute involving Afrobeats star, Davido and...