More
    HomeSECURITYKogi Varsity students Kidnap: six more victims rescued

    Kogi Varsity students Kidnap: six more victims rescued

    Published on

    Olu Samuel, Lokoja

    The Kogi State Government has announced the rescue of six more students, bringing the number of kidnapped students so far rescued to twenty (20).

    This was contained in a statement issued on Tuesday by the state Commissioner for information, Kingsley Fanwo.

    The Commissioner said that “Our data shows that there are four students yet to be found”.

    “The fierce gun battle between security agents and the kidnappers forced the kidnappers to succumb to superior firepower and abandon the kidnapped students. Some of the kidnappers escaped with severe injuries”. Fanwo said.

    Recall that the police had last Thursday said that 14 students had been rescued while the Commissioner said that the families of the six students just rescued have confirmed that the students have arrived home.

    He said that the Executive Governor of Kogi State, Ahmed Usman Ododo expressed deep appreciation to the Joint Forces that carried out the operations, urging them to continue the search until the last student is found.

    “We wish to assure the public that the security architecture around our schools has been recalibrated for efficiency and early warning alarm to prevent future occurrence” he added.

    Latest articles

    Osimhen reveals conversation with Conte before leaving Napoli for Galatasaray

    Galatasaray striker, Victor Osimhen, has confirmed that he rejected the chance to stay at...

    Osimhen reveals top club he wanted to join before signing for Galatasaray

    Galatasaray attacker, Victor Osimhen, has disclosed that he initially hoped to sign with Juventus...

    Lawyer fires back at Davido over social media harassment after custody case

    Fresh controversy has emerged in the ongoing custody dispute involving Afrobeats star, Davido and...

    Cardi B confirms split from boyfriend, Diggs 3 months after birthing their child

    American rapper, Cardi B, has confirmed separation from her new lover and Footballer, Stefon...

    More like this

    Osimhen reveals conversation with Conte before leaving Napoli for Galatasaray

    Galatasaray striker, Victor Osimhen, has confirmed that he rejected the chance to stay at...

    Osimhen reveals top club he wanted to join before signing for Galatasaray

    Galatasaray attacker, Victor Osimhen, has disclosed that he initially hoped to sign with Juventus...

    Lawyer fires back at Davido over social media harassment after custody case

    Fresh controversy has emerged in the ongoing custody dispute involving Afrobeats star, Davido and...