More
    HomeSportsFormer Man United striker ‘Chicharito’ departs LA Galaxy

    Former Man United striker ‘Chicharito’ departs LA Galaxy

    Published on

    Former Manchester United and Real Madrid striker Javier “Chicharito” Hernandez has officially left the Los Angeles Galaxy, as announced by both the MLS club and the Mexican forward on Friday.

    The 35-year-old playmaker from Guadalajara had an impressive run with the Galaxy from 2020 to 2023, scoring 39 goals in 82 matches across all competitions. Unfortunately, his campaign was cut short last June due to a torn right knee ligament suffered during a US Open Cup quarter-final.

    Taking to Instagram, Hernandez expressed his gratitude for the journey and the people involved in his four years with the Galaxy. He wrote, “Life becomes exciting when you allow yourself to change and evolve to new challenges. Thanks to everyone who was involved in my journey these 4 years. Thank you for everything @lagalaxy.”

    During his time with the Galaxy, Hernandez was a two-time MLS All-Star and led the team in scoring in both 2021 and 2022, with 18 goals and 17 goals respectively.

    Greg Vanney, the Galaxy coach and sporting director, expressed his gratitude for Hernandez’s dedication and contributions to the club, stating, “We are grateful to Javier for his dedication and contributions to the LA Galaxy. In four seasons with the Galaxy, Javier was a passionate leader for our club on and off the field. We wish him all the best moving forward.”

    Hernandez had previously played six Premier League seasons for Manchester United, scoring 37 goals in 103 matches. He also had stints with Real Madrid, Bayer Leverkusen, West Ham United, and Sevilla before joining the Galaxy in 2020.

    Latest articles

    Nasarawa Bye- Election: I’m in Senate Race to Lift Nasarawa North Out of Poverty- Ayas

    From Abel Zwanke, Lafia Angela Ayas Bako, an All Progressives Congress (APC) aspirant for...

    Gunmen abduct health worker, wife in Kogi night attack

      Olu Samuel   Armed bandits have a abducted an unspecified number of persons including a health...

    Governor Mutfwang won Guber primary with  233, 335 votes  to defeat Rtd General Yilchini who scored 3,070 

    From Yakubu Wuyep Jos Governor Caleb Manasseh Mutfwang of Plateau is now the official All...

    Over 500 million women, girls experiencing menstruation poverty worldwide -says AHF Nigeria 

      Olu Samuel   The Aids health foundation,AHF Nigeria has said that no fewer than 500 million...

    More like this

    Nasarawa Bye- Election: I’m in Senate Race to Lift Nasarawa North Out of Poverty- Ayas

    From Abel Zwanke, Lafia Angela Ayas Bako, an All Progressives Congress (APC) aspirant for...

    Gunmen abduct health worker, wife in Kogi night attack

      Olu Samuel   Armed bandits have a abducted an unspecified number of persons including a health...

    Governor Mutfwang won Guber primary with  233, 335 votes  to defeat Rtd General Yilchini who scored 3,070 

    From Yakubu Wuyep Jos Governor Caleb Manasseh Mutfwang of Plateau is now the official All...