More
    HomeLatest NewsIsrael Launches Strikes on Beirut, Rejects Ceasefire

    Israel Launches Strikes on Beirut, Rejects Ceasefire

    Published on

    By Hosea Parah, Abuja

    On Wednesday, the Israeli military conducted airstrikes in southern Beirut, rejecting calls for a ceasefire amid ongoing tensions with Hezbollah. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu stated that a ceasefire would leave Hezbollah forces near Israel’s border, posing a security risk.

    Witnesses reported heavy smoke rising from the Haret Hreik area following two strikes. The military had previously warned residents to evacuate before the attacks, claiming one strike targeted weapons stored by Hezbollah in an underground facility.

    Despite pressure from the United States to halt the bombings and increase humanitarian access for Gazans, Netanyahu maintained that a unilateral ceasefire would not improve the security situation and would only revert conditions back to their previous state. Israel is insisting on a buffer zone along its northern border free from Hezbollah presence.

    In response, Hezbollah’s deputy leader, Naim Qassem, called for a ceasefire, asserting the group’s right to retaliate against Israeli targets. He warned that, given the widespread targeting of Lebanon by Israel, Hezbollah could expand its missile strikes throughout Israel.

    Latest articles

    GIDEON INYOM CLINCHES APC TICKET FOR BURUKU FEDERAL CONSTITUENCY

    Hon. Gideon Dooyum Inyom has emerged victorious in the All Progressives Congress (APC) House...

    No New Burial Law in Anambra, Assembly Debunks Viral Reports

    Tony Okafor, Awka The Anambra State House of Assembly has dismissed as “false and misleading”...

    Soludo Swears In 18 Commissioners, Says Public Office Is a Burden, Not Luxury

    Anambra State Governor, Prof  Chukwuma  Soludo has inaugurated 18 newly confirmed commissioners and four...

    ICPC Refutes Allegations Denying El-Rufai Food, Medication

    The Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission, ICPC, has denied claims that...

    More like this

    GIDEON INYOM CLINCHES APC TICKET FOR BURUKU FEDERAL CONSTITUENCY

    Hon. Gideon Dooyum Inyom has emerged victorious in the All Progressives Congress (APC) House...

    No New Burial Law in Anambra, Assembly Debunks Viral Reports

    Tony Okafor, Awka The Anambra State House of Assembly has dismissed as “false and misleading”...

    Soludo Swears In 18 Commissioners, Says Public Office Is a Burden, Not Luxury

    Anambra State Governor, Prof  Chukwuma  Soludo has inaugurated 18 newly confirmed commissioners and four...