More
    HomeLatest NewsDouble tradgedy as gas explosion burns 4 flood victims in Kogi

    Double tradgedy as gas explosion burns 4 flood victims in Kogi

    Published on

    Olu Samuel, Lokoja

    It was double tradgedy in Kogi as a family of four displaced by the ravaging flood was again involved in a ga explosion accident in their now bode

    It was learnt that the incident happened last Wednesday at a temporary accommodation at Adankolo,a suburb of Lokoja, where the displaced family relocated following the flood in the the State capital last week.

    It was gathered that, after they moved into their new place as they were trying to use gas to cook, it suddenly exploded, affecting four of them with severe life-threatening burns which has left all of them in critical conditions.

    The affected victims, according to our correspondent findings are Musa Aminat, Muhammed Musa, Abdulsalam Hadizat and Usman Halimat Sadiya.

    Our correspondent in Lokoja, who visited the gas victims all of whom were admitted at the Federal Medical Center Lokoja, observed that they are all in a critical condition with bandages and plaster all over their bodies.

    One of the gas victims family member, Godwin Wanbebe, who spoke to our Correspondent on Sunday said the family have spent all they have on their treatments and still need more to offset bills incurred.

    He said “At their new temporary abode after settling down decided to prepare something to eat and so they brought out their gas and lit it.The cylinder exploded immediately it came in contact with flame.

    “The explosion of the gas has been attributed to the hurried way and manner with which they packed their belongings to avoid being taken over by water, probably the cylinder had somewhere it was leaking and that explained why it exploded.

    “The family is calling on well-meaning citizens in the society to help save their lives”

    Latest articles

    ‎Ranching policy: Lawyer seeks protection of Middle Belt lands

    ‎ ‎From Yakubu Wuyep, Jos ‎ ‎A legal practitioner, Barrister John Apollos Maton, has called for greater...

    ‎2027 Hajj: IHR demands Nigeria Hospital in Saudi

    ‎ ‎BY AHMED AKANBI ‎ ‎A faith-based civil society organisation, (CSO), the Independent Hajj Reporters, IHR, has...

    ‎#OsunDecides2026: BON lauds INEC, demands prosecution of offenders

    ‎By Hosea Parah ‎ ‎The Broadcasting Organisation of Nigeria (BON) has commended the Independent National Electoral...

    ‎ Encroachment: Wike directs demolition on Abuja’s Ring Road 3 corridor

    ‎ ‎By Olawumi Oyehan ‎ ‎Worried by the level of encroachment of illegal shanties, the Minister of...

    More like this

    ‎Ranching policy: Lawyer seeks protection of Middle Belt lands

    ‎ ‎From Yakubu Wuyep, Jos ‎ ‎A legal practitioner, Barrister John Apollos Maton, has called for greater...

    ‎2027 Hajj: IHR demands Nigeria Hospital in Saudi

    ‎ ‎BY AHMED AKANBI ‎ ‎A faith-based civil society organisation, (CSO), the Independent Hajj Reporters, IHR, has...

    ‎#OsunDecides2026: BON lauds INEC, demands prosecution of offenders

    ‎By Hosea Parah ‎ ‎The Broadcasting Organisation of Nigeria (BON) has commended the Independent National Electoral...