More
    HomeNewsTinubu Broke 40 Years Jinx In Power Sector

    Tinubu Broke 40 Years Jinx In Power Sector

    Published on

    Bolaji Tunji, Special Adviser on Communication to the Minister of Power, Adebayo Adelabu, has stated that electricity supply to homes and businesses has significantly improved under President Bola Tinubu’s administration.

    Speaking in an interview with News Central on Monday, Tunji highlighted that while it previously took Nigeria four decades to add 4,000 megawatts to its power supply, the current administration has achieved an increase of 1.5 megawatts in less than two years.

    He attributed this progress to the tough but necessary decisions made by the Ministry of Power, which he said have started yielding positive results in electricity availability across the country.

    “In the past, Nigeria struggled to maintain even 4,000 megawatts, and it took over 40 years to get there—since around 1984 when we only had about 2,000 megawatts,” Tunji explained. “But under this administration, we’ve managed to add 1.5 megawatts in under two years.”

    He emphasized that Nigerians are already noticing the difference, as power supply to homes and businesses has improved. “This is what people are seeing now. Things were tough before, and the economy faced many hurdles, but those challenges are beginning to ease,” he said.

    Latest articles

    ‎Ranching policy: Lawyer seeks protection of Middle Belt lands

    ‎ ‎From Yakubu Wuyep, Jos ‎ ‎A legal practitioner, Barrister John Apollos Maton, has called for greater...

    ‎2027 Hajj: IHR demands Nigeria Hospital in Saudi

    ‎ ‎BY AHMED AKANBI ‎ ‎A faith-based civil society organisation, (CSO), the Independent Hajj Reporters, IHR, has...

    ‎#OsunDecides2026: BON lauds INEC, demands prosecution of offenders

    ‎By Hosea Parah ‎ ‎The Broadcasting Organisation of Nigeria (BON) has commended the Independent National Electoral...

    ‎ Encroachment: Wike directs demolition on Abuja’s Ring Road 3 corridor

    ‎ ‎By Olawumi Oyehan ‎ ‎Worried by the level of encroachment of illegal shanties, the Minister of...

    More like this

    ‎Ranching policy: Lawyer seeks protection of Middle Belt lands

    ‎ ‎From Yakubu Wuyep, Jos ‎ ‎A legal practitioner, Barrister John Apollos Maton, has called for greater...

    ‎2027 Hajj: IHR demands Nigeria Hospital in Saudi

    ‎ ‎BY AHMED AKANBI ‎ ‎A faith-based civil society organisation, (CSO), the Independent Hajj Reporters, IHR, has...

    ‎#OsunDecides2026: BON lauds INEC, demands prosecution of offenders

    ‎By Hosea Parah ‎ ‎The Broadcasting Organisation of Nigeria (BON) has commended the Independent National Electoral...