More
    HomeEntertainmentSean ‘Diddy’ Combs to be sentenced October 3

    Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs to be sentenced October 3

    Published on

    The judge overseeing Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs’ federal trial has scheduled sentencing for October 3, despite both prosecution and defense attorneys asking for an earlier date.

    Combs, 55, was denied bond last week after being convicted on prostitution-related charges. He was acquitted of sex trafficking and racketeering. That outcome apparently led to his fellow inmates giving him a standing ovation when Combs returned to jail.

    “They all said: ‘We never get to see anyone who beats the government,'” attorney Marc Agnifilo told The Associated Press in a weekend interview days after the jury reached its verdict.

    Combs remains jailed in a federal lockup in Brooklyn.

    Prior to the hearing, the defense first filed a letter saying both sides agreed on a sentencing date of Sept. 22, but then the defense filed another letter with the court saying, “The parties propose the court’s original date of October 3, 2025.”

    A short time later, the judge signed off on the sentencing date and other agreed-upon scheduling. The maximum possible sentence for each of the two guilty counts is 10 years in prison. He’s already served 10 months, which will be credited against whatever he is sentenced to

    Latest articles

    Alia debunks claims of developmental marginalisation

    FROM HENRY IYORKASE, MAKURDI   Governor of Benue State, Fr Hyacinth Alia, has debunked claims of...

    I’m open to discussions, not leaving NNPP, Kwankwaso declares

    As politicians strategise for the 2027 general elections, the 2023 presidential candidate of the...

    Tinubu returns, vows to restore Nigeria’s pride

    President Bola Tinubu has reiterated his commitment to restoring Nigeria’s pride and dignity on...

    NIS hikes passport fees by 100% from September

    The Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) has announced a sharp increase in the cost of...

    More like this

    Alia debunks claims of developmental marginalisation

    FROM HENRY IYORKASE, MAKURDI   Governor of Benue State, Fr Hyacinth Alia, has debunked claims of...

    I’m open to discussions, not leaving NNPP, Kwankwaso declares

    As politicians strategise for the 2027 general elections, the 2023 presidential candidate of the...

    Tinubu returns, vows to restore Nigeria’s pride

    President Bola Tinubu has reiterated his commitment to restoring Nigeria’s pride and dignity on...