More
    HomeBusinessKwara to present N187.5bn revised budget

    Kwara to present N187.5bn revised budget

    Published on

    - Advertisement -

    By Olufemi Oni, Ilorin

    The Kwara State Executive Council has approved the presentation of N187.5bn revised budget to the House of Assembly, with emphasis to be placed on ongoing capital projects and consistent payment of the new minimum wage across board.

    The revised estimate represents a shortfall of about N2bn or 1.1%, from the approved 2022 budget of N189.6bn.

    The council approval was reportedly given following a presentation of the estimates and performance of the approved budget by Commissioner of Finance Florence Olasumbo Oyeyemi.

    The Council meeting was chaired by Governor AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq.

    Oyeyemi said 52.34 percent of the revised budget would go for recurrent, while capital expenditure would gulp the remaining 47.66 percent.

    The Commissioner said the recurrent peaked because of the need to accommodate rise in personnel cost (such as full implementation of the minimum wage in the mainstream civil service, agencies and parastatals of the state government, including the Colleges of Education) and other overhead items.

    The proposal, the Commissioner said, would be submitted to the parliament soon.

    End

    Latest articles

    CWAI Names NITDA As Dev’t, Regulatory Agency that Encapsulates Other Sectors

    The National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) established by the NITDA Act of 2007...

    Court of Appeal Orders Status Quo for Rivers Lawmakers Until June 20 Hearing

    By Milcah Tanimu The Court of Appeal in Port Harcourt, during a...

    Putin Demands Ukrainian Troop Withdrawal for Peace Settlement

    By Milcah Tanimu Russian President Vladimir Putin announced on Friday that the...

    Multichoice Cites Nigeria’s Economy for Decline in DStv Subscribers

    By Milcah Tanimu African Pay-TV operator Multichoice Group has attributed a significant...

    More like this

    CWAI Names NITDA As Dev’t, Regulatory Agency that Encapsulates Other Sectors

    The National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) established by the NITDA Act of 2007...

    Court of Appeal Orders Status Quo for Rivers Lawmakers Until June 20 Hearing

    By Milcah Tanimu The Court of Appeal in Port Harcourt, during a...

    Putin Demands Ukrainian Troop Withdrawal for Peace Settlement

    By Milcah Tanimu Russian President Vladimir Putin announced on Friday that the...