More
    HomeEntertainmentKemi Olunloyo Criticizes Tonto Dikeh and Iyabo Ojo for Mohbad's Morgue Expenses

    Kemi Olunloyo Criticizes Tonto Dikeh and Iyabo Ojo for Mohbad’s Morgue Expenses

    Published on

    By Milcah Tanimu

    Kemi Olunloyo took to her Instagram page to express her disagreement with Tonto Dikeh and Iyabo Ojo’s actions regarding the expenses incurred for keeping Mohbad in the morgue. Tonto Dikeh had revealed that they spent twelve million naira, with a discount from the initial fourteen million, to keep Mohbad in the morgue.

    Kemi Olunloyo, in her statement, argued that the Lagos State government should be responsible for Mohbad’s expenses, given that they conducted the autopsy. She believed that the amount announced by the actresses was exaggerated and questioned whether the preparations for Mohbad’s burial should be so transactional.

    She pointed out that in the United States, where she spent 32 years, funerals are often conducted within seven days to avoid daily mortuary fees, which can average $100 per day (equivalent to N100,000) for storage and refrigeration. Olunloyo also emphasized the daily charges funeral homes have for storing bodies, even if they are embalmed.

    She raised questions about the status of Mohbad’s body and whether it had arrived at Ebony vaults. Olunloyo questioned why Tonto Dikeh and Iyabo Ojo were paying the morgue fees instead of the state, which requested the exhumation.

    Furthermore, she commented on the Nigerian tradition of burying elderly people within a month, often involving elaborate ceremonies and gatherings of family members from abroad. Families with such traditions usually have the means to cover mortuary fees and other expenses.

    Regarding the ongoing investigation into Mohbad’s death, she mentioned that the autopsy was completed according to the police, and they were awaiting toxicology test results. She also mentioned that Sam Larry had been questioned, and the police would be addressing the press soon.

    In conclusion, Olunloyo thanked Tonto Dikeh and Iyabo Ojo for covering the funeral expenses but suggested that they keep the details private, as announcing the breakdown of expenses might give the impression of seeking publicity.

    Latest articles

    Tinubu sweep Bayelsa APC Presidential primary with landslide victory, with 277,192 votes

      The All Progressives Congress (APC) Presidential Primary held across Bayelsa on Saturday ended with...

    Tinubu’s reelection not negotiable, says Eradiri, leads door-to-door campaign to presidential primary election 

      A former governorship candidate in Bayelsa, Udengs Eradiri, has led the Door-to-Door Campaign for...

    Nasarawa Bye- Election: I’m in Senate Race to Lift Nasarawa North Out of Poverty- Ayas

    From Abel Zwanke, Lafia Angela Ayas Bako, an All Progressives Congress (APC) aspirant for...

    Gunmen abduct health worker, wife in Kogi night attack

      Olu Samuel   Armed bandits have a abducted an unspecified number of persons including a health...

    More like this

    Tinubu sweep Bayelsa APC Presidential primary with landslide victory, with 277,192 votes

      The All Progressives Congress (APC) Presidential Primary held across Bayelsa on Saturday ended with...

    Tinubu’s reelection not negotiable, says Eradiri, leads door-to-door campaign to presidential primary election 

      A former governorship candidate in Bayelsa, Udengs Eradiri, has led the Door-to-Door Campaign for...

    Nasarawa Bye- Election: I’m in Senate Race to Lift Nasarawa North Out of Poverty- Ayas

    From Abel Zwanke, Lafia Angela Ayas Bako, an All Progressives Congress (APC) aspirant for...