By Ahmed Akanbi
Celebrity businessman and nightlife promoter Pascal Okechukwu, known as Cubana Chief Priest, has spoken out after losing the All Progressives Congress, APC House of Representatives primary for Orsu/Orlu/Oru East Federal Constituency in Imo State.
Okechukwu, who also serves as Imo State Coordinator of the City Boys Movement, reportedly secured 14 votes in the primary. The result drew widespread reaction on social media.
In a video circulating online, the socialite said he had no regrets about contesting, but was disappointed by the elders in the community he trusted for support.
“I’m a hustler, and I don’t regret trying to contest for a position. My only regret was trusting the elders in the community,” he said.
Meanwhile, Seyi Tinubu, son of President Bola Tinubu, has sent a message of support to Okechukwu, after his loss in the APC House of Representatives primary.
Reacting on Instagram on Sunday, Seyi urged the nightlife promoter to stay positive despite the result.
“Bro, sometimes by losing a battle, you find a new way to win the war. Keep your head up @cubana_chiefpriest. We know what you are capable of achieving,” he wrote.
Cubana Chief Priest later reposted the message on his page.
Okechukwu had earlier said he secured only 14 votes in the primary and expressed disappointment at the lack of support from community elders he had backed over the years.
He lamented that despite his generosity and support for people in the constituency, only 14 delegates voted for him.
The outcome has continued to spark mixed reactions online, especially given his vocal support for President Bola Tinubu and the APC in recent years.
