More
    HomeNewsBoko Haram threatens to execute 416 captives in Borno as 72-hour ultimatum...

    Boko Haram threatens to execute 416 captives in Borno as 72-hour ultimatum expires

    Published on

    A faction of Boko Haram, identified as Jama’atu Ahlis Sunna Lidda’awati wal-Jihad, has declared that its 72-hour ultimatum to the Nigerian government has expired, raising fresh concerns over the safety of abducted civilians in Borno State.

    The group claimed it is prepared to begin executions of captives following the collapse of negotiations.

    In a video message, a spokesperson for the group said all discussions with authorities had ended.

    “The 72-hour deadline we gave you has already expired… now there is no discussion,” the spokesperson stated, insisting that the group would act on its threats.

    The insurgent group also dismissed ransom talks, describing earlier figures as unofficial and insisting that financial offers would not influence its position.

    The group warned against any attempt to carry out military rescue operations, claiming such actions could lead to further civilian casualties.

    It also mocked government efforts to respond to the situation, while issuing threats directed at public figures.

    Meanwhile, the Borno South Youth Alliance has raised concerns over the development, warning that the expiration of the ultimatum could trigger violence against the captives.

    In a statement, the group said all efforts to secure more time had been exhausted.

    “There is growing fear that we may begin to witness executions,” the group stated.

    The group said it had acted as a humanitarian mediator in previous engagements, helping to delay harm to victims.

    “Our pleas and interventions have often been the only line standing between the execution of innocent women and children and their continued survival,” it said.

    The group accused authorities of failing to respond adequately despite repeated appeals to top government officials, including President Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Borno State Governor Babagana Umara Zulum.

    It called on the international community and humanitarian organisations to urgently intervene to prevent loss of lives.

    The situation has heightened fears across affected communities, with security agencies yet to issue an official response as of the time of filing this report.

    Latest articles

    Tinubu sweep Bayelsa APC Presidential primary with landslide victory, with 277,192 votes

      The All Progressives Congress (APC) Presidential Primary held across Bayelsa on Saturday ended with...

    Tinubu’s reelection not negotiable, says Eradiri, leads door-to-door campaign to presidential primary election 

      A former governorship candidate in Bayelsa, Udengs Eradiri, has led the Door-to-Door Campaign for...

    Nasarawa Bye- Election: I’m in Senate Race to Lift Nasarawa North Out of Poverty- Ayas

    From Abel Zwanke, Lafia Angela Ayas Bako, an All Progressives Congress (APC) aspirant for...

    Gunmen abduct health worker, wife in Kogi night attack

      Olu Samuel   Armed bandits have a abducted an unspecified number of persons including a health...

    More like this

    Tinubu sweep Bayelsa APC Presidential primary with landslide victory, with 277,192 votes

      The All Progressives Congress (APC) Presidential Primary held across Bayelsa on Saturday ended with...

    Tinubu’s reelection not negotiable, says Eradiri, leads door-to-door campaign to presidential primary election 

      A former governorship candidate in Bayelsa, Udengs Eradiri, has led the Door-to-Door Campaign for...

    Nasarawa Bye- Election: I’m in Senate Race to Lift Nasarawa North Out of Poverty- Ayas

    From Abel Zwanke, Lafia Angela Ayas Bako, an All Progressives Congress (APC) aspirant for...