More
    HomePoliticsAtiku Sends First Message to Amaechi After Rejection of ADC Presidential Primary...

    Atiku Sends First Message to Amaechi After Rejection of ADC Presidential Primary Results

    Published on

    Former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, has sent a birthday message to former Minister of Transportation, Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, amid the latter’s rejection of the African Democratic Congress, ADC, presidential primary results.

    Atiku, in a message posted on his Facebook page on Wednesday, described Amaechi as “a brother and fellow patriot,” while commending his years of service to Rivers State and Nigeria.

    “Happy Birthday to my brother and fellow patriot, H.E. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi.

    “Your courage, conviction, and years of service to Rivers State and Nigeria continue to inspire many across the nation. I wish you good health, strength, and many more years of impactful service to our dear country,” Atiku wrote.

    The message comes a day after Amaechi rejected the outcome of the ADC presidential primaries, alleging widespread voter disenfranchisement and electoral malpractice.

    In a statement posted on his X handle on Tuesday, described the outcome of the exercise as “concocted results.”

    He said he had earlier stated that he would only accept the outcome of the primaries if the process was free, fair and transparent.

    “I will not accept results from a process that does not reflect the values that the ADC had pledged to uphold,” Amaechi said.

    The former Rivers State governor alleged that about 80 percent of party members across the country were prevented from voting during the exercise.

    According to him, the ADC could not criticise vote buying, rigging and manipulation of election results by others while allegedly engaging in similar acts during its own primary.

    Latest articles

    ‎Ranching policy: Lawyer seeks protection of Middle Belt lands

    ‎ ‎From Yakubu Wuyep, Jos ‎ ‎A legal practitioner, Barrister John Apollos Maton, has called for greater...

    ‎2027 Hajj: IHR demands Nigeria Hospital in Saudi

    ‎ ‎BY AHMED AKANBI ‎ ‎A faith-based civil society organisation, (CSO), the Independent Hajj Reporters, IHR, has...

    ‎#OsunDecides2026: BON lauds INEC, demands prosecution of offenders

    ‎By Hosea Parah ‎ ‎The Broadcasting Organisation of Nigeria (BON) has commended the Independent National Electoral...

    ‎ Encroachment: Wike directs demolition on Abuja’s Ring Road 3 corridor

    ‎ ‎By Olawumi Oyehan ‎ ‎Worried by the level of encroachment of illegal shanties, the Minister of...

    More like this

    ‎Ranching policy: Lawyer seeks protection of Middle Belt lands

    ‎ ‎From Yakubu Wuyep, Jos ‎ ‎A legal practitioner, Barrister John Apollos Maton, has called for greater...

    ‎2027 Hajj: IHR demands Nigeria Hospital in Saudi

    ‎ ‎BY AHMED AKANBI ‎ ‎A faith-based civil society organisation, (CSO), the Independent Hajj Reporters, IHR, has...

    ‎#OsunDecides2026: BON lauds INEC, demands prosecution of offenders

    ‎By Hosea Parah ‎ ‎The Broadcasting Organisation of Nigeria (BON) has commended the Independent National Electoral...