More
    HomeNewsAfter 48-hours: Sowore Regains Freedom Says ,"No Justification for My Arrest, Detention

    After 48-hours: Sowore Regains Freedom Says ,”No Justification for My Arrest, Detention

    Published on

     

    Omoyele Sowore, Former Presidential Candidate and Human rights activist has been released from police detention after spending 48 hours.

    Sowore said there is no justification for his arrest and detention by the Nigeria Police Force.
    He was detained on Wednesday after he visited the Force Headquarters in Abuja for interview.
    He was released on Friday night after public outcry and protest across various parts of the country.

    Sowore revealed that one of his hands had been broken, contrary to police claims that he was “doing fine.”, he disclosed this in earlier granted interview on Friday from police custody, when officers brought some protesters and members of the press to see him at the intelligence Response Team (IRT) in Abuja,

    He said police brought the press to create the impression that he is fine, accusing the police of denying him proper medical care saying police should release him, apologies, and let him get treatment.

    Abayomi Shogunle, Commissioner of Police in charge of the Special Intervention Squad, said he is being investigated over alleged forgery of a police document and cyberbullying and insisted Sowore was only being held for allegedly refusing to make a statement even in with the presence of his lawyers.

    Latest articles

    ‎Ranching policy: Lawyer seeks protection of Middle Belt lands

    ‎ ‎From Yakubu Wuyep, Jos ‎ ‎A legal practitioner, Barrister John Apollos Maton, has called for greater...

    ‎2027 Hajj: IHR demands Nigeria Hospital in Saudi

    ‎ ‎BY AHMED AKANBI ‎ ‎A faith-based civil society organisation, (CSO), the Independent Hajj Reporters, IHR, has...

    ‎#OsunDecides2026: BON lauds INEC, demands prosecution of offenders

    ‎By Hosea Parah ‎ ‎The Broadcasting Organisation of Nigeria (BON) has commended the Independent National Electoral...

    ‎ Encroachment: Wike directs demolition on Abuja’s Ring Road 3 corridor

    ‎ ‎By Olawumi Oyehan ‎ ‎Worried by the level of encroachment of illegal shanties, the Minister of...

    More like this

    ‎Ranching policy: Lawyer seeks protection of Middle Belt lands

    ‎ ‎From Yakubu Wuyep, Jos ‎ ‎A legal practitioner, Barrister John Apollos Maton, has called for greater...

    ‎2027 Hajj: IHR demands Nigeria Hospital in Saudi

    ‎ ‎BY AHMED AKANBI ‎ ‎A faith-based civil society organisation, (CSO), the Independent Hajj Reporters, IHR, has...

    ‎#OsunDecides2026: BON lauds INEC, demands prosecution of offenders

    ‎By Hosea Parah ‎ ‎The Broadcasting Organisation of Nigeria (BON) has commended the Independent National Electoral...