More
    HomeNews‘National Embarrassment’ — Atiku Condemns Attempted Arrest of El-Rufai

    ‘National Embarrassment’ — Atiku Condemns Attempted Arrest of El-Rufai

    Published on

    Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar has described as a national embarrassment the attempted arrest of former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai.

    Atiku said this on Thursday when he paid a solidarity visit to El-Rufai in his Abuja residence.

    DAILY POST recalls that there was an attempted arrest by the operatives of the Department of State Services, DSS, on El-Rufai, which has sparked reactions from various quarters

    Atiku’s visit is against the backdrop of an incident at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, where operatives allegedly tried to detain El-Rufai shortly after he arrived from Cairo, Egypt, on Egypt Air flight MS 877.

    Recall that former Minister of Transport, Rotimi Amaechi, had earlier visited the former governor to show to him the same solidarity.

    Speaking during the visit, Atiku said, “The society is based on the rule of law, there was no need for El-Rufai to be embarrassed or trying to be kidnapped.

    “They would have allowed you to come to your house and then invite you. You have held high positions in government. You were a Minister, you were a governor and you successfully performed your functions.

    “There was no need to embarrass you because by doing so, they are embarrassing the whole society. We will stand by you and every law-abiding citizens of Nigeria.”

    Latest articles

    ‎Ranching policy: Lawyer seeks protection of Middle Belt lands

    ‎ ‎From Yakubu Wuyep, Jos ‎ ‎A legal practitioner, Barrister John Apollos Maton, has called for greater...

    ‎2027 Hajj: IHR demands Nigeria Hospital in Saudi

    ‎ ‎BY AHMED AKANBI ‎ ‎A faith-based civil society organisation, (CSO), the Independent Hajj Reporters, IHR, has...

    ‎#OsunDecides2026: BON lauds INEC, demands prosecution of offenders

    ‎By Hosea Parah ‎ ‎The Broadcasting Organisation of Nigeria (BON) has commended the Independent National Electoral...

    ‎ Encroachment: Wike directs demolition on Abuja’s Ring Road 3 corridor

    ‎ ‎By Olawumi Oyehan ‎ ‎Worried by the level of encroachment of illegal shanties, the Minister of...

    More like this

    ‎Ranching policy: Lawyer seeks protection of Middle Belt lands

    ‎ ‎From Yakubu Wuyep, Jos ‎ ‎A legal practitioner, Barrister John Apollos Maton, has called for greater...

    ‎2027 Hajj: IHR demands Nigeria Hospital in Saudi

    ‎ ‎BY AHMED AKANBI ‎ ‎A faith-based civil society organisation, (CSO), the Independent Hajj Reporters, IHR, has...

    ‎#OsunDecides2026: BON lauds INEC, demands prosecution of offenders

    ‎By Hosea Parah ‎ ‎The Broadcasting Organisation of Nigeria (BON) has commended the Independent National Electoral...