More
    HomemetroBandits invade Abuja estate, abduct 10 residents

    Bandits invade Abuja estate, abduct 10 residents

    Published on

    BY francis Ekeh ABUJA

    Bandits have invaded Sagwari Layout Estate, located in Dutse community, in Bwari area council of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), abducting no fewer than 10 persons.

    New National Star gathered that the bandits, who invaded the estate on Sunday evening, at about 7:30 pm, dressed like herders.

    An eyewitnesses said eight people were kidnapped from the estate, while two members of staff of a hotel located in the area were also abducted.

    One of the victims who sent a distress message to the estate’s WhatsApp group had said his family was in danger before he stopped responding to messages a few minutes later.

    According to the informant, security operatives have already been mobilised and are working with the estate security guards to search the hills behind the estate.

    A security operative who was beaten and tied by the kidnappers has been rescued.

    However, the FCT Police Public Relations Officer, Josephine Adeh, could not be reached for comments, even as repeated calls made to her phone were left unanswered.

    But a call placed on the Police emergency call centre, revealed that the command was aware of the incident, and the closest DPO had been informed to mobilise men to the scene.

    Latest articles

    ‎Ranching policy: Lawyer seeks protection of Middle Belt lands

    ‎ ‎From Yakubu Wuyep, Jos ‎ ‎A legal practitioner, Barrister John Apollos Maton, has called for greater...

    ‎2027 Hajj: IHR demands Nigeria Hospital in Saudi

    ‎ ‎BY AHMED AKANBI ‎ ‎A faith-based civil society organisation, (CSO), the Independent Hajj Reporters, IHR, has...

    ‎#OsunDecides2026: BON lauds INEC, demands prosecution of offenders

    ‎By Hosea Parah ‎ ‎The Broadcasting Organisation of Nigeria (BON) has commended the Independent National Electoral...

    ‎ Encroachment: Wike directs demolition on Abuja’s Ring Road 3 corridor

    ‎ ‎By Olawumi Oyehan ‎ ‎Worried by the level of encroachment of illegal shanties, the Minister of...

    More like this

    ‎Ranching policy: Lawyer seeks protection of Middle Belt lands

    ‎ ‎From Yakubu Wuyep, Jos ‎ ‎A legal practitioner, Barrister John Apollos Maton, has called for greater...

    ‎2027 Hajj: IHR demands Nigeria Hospital in Saudi

    ‎ ‎BY AHMED AKANBI ‎ ‎A faith-based civil society organisation, (CSO), the Independent Hajj Reporters, IHR, has...

    ‎#OsunDecides2026: BON lauds INEC, demands prosecution of offenders

    ‎By Hosea Parah ‎ ‎The Broadcasting Organisation of Nigeria (BON) has commended the Independent National Electoral...